Your wedding first dance can be a bonding and magical experience and will be one of the first big things you do as a married couple. Some people want to have a routine to really impress. Others want something that looks good but is simple to learn and perform.
Whatever you are looking for we can help you make the those dreams come true. You may have strong ideas about what you want in terms of dance style, dance track or moves. Alternatively you might feel a bit bewildered and really want some sensible guidance. The key is making sure the choreography is something that you feel comfortable doing and which you can easily remember.
Traditionally the first dance is a slow waltz, but there are many other possibilities such as a romantic rumba or sophisticated foxtrot, or even a more upbeat dance or a fusion of different styles. We can help you choose music that fits the sort of wedding dance you want and expresses the sentiments you want it to convey. Be warned that a song may have the right sentiment but might have problems for dancing such as inappropriate tempo or variable tempos. We can sometimes find ways to get around these problems but it is best to start with a tune that can be danced to easily.
Each lesson lasts 45 minutes at £35 and can be provided at your own home. If you book two lessons at once, you will get a £10 discount. Two lessons is probably a sensible minimum but you may want more if you are looking for a more complicated routine.
Wedding Dance Lessons in Wrexham and Chester
We are based in Chester but we are not far from Liverpool, Manchester and Stock-on-Trent so a few extra miles is worth it to get the dance that is perfect for your wedding. And we can always come to you if you are not able to get to us.
Advice for Wedding Dance
- Start learning your dance as early as possible
- Give yourself time to practice so it is automatic on the day
- Simplicity can often be more powerful than complexity
- Learn and practice in clothes similar to those you will wear on the day
- Make sure the venue has enough room for your routine
- Practice some more
- Relax and enjoy it 😉
How We Can Help You with Your Wedding Dance
- We are professional dancers and qualified teachers
- We have experience of helping prepare for the big day
- We can help you choose the music
- We can tailor moves to suit your song and ability
- We can give you the confidence you need